We walk on Saturday mornings at 9:00 rain or shine in Stanley Park, starting and ending at Brockton Oval. The gathering is free of charge and we welcome visitors. We all meet for brunch afterwards.
- Meeting place: We meet just outside the Brockton Oval clubhouse—not the Brockton Cricket Pavilion. Look for a group of 20 to 30 (good looking!) runners and walkers milling about the main entrance to Brockton Oval at 8:55am. We usually have a few announcements before we split into groups for the run and walk.
- Amenities: Brockton Oval has a running track, washrooms and change rooms with showers.
- Change rooms: Brockton Oval has lockers and showers in the change rooms. The change rooms are locked, but several VFR members have card keys if you should need access. Bring your own lock. If you forget, you can usually leave your things in the trunk of a member’s car. Public washrooms are accessible without a card key. (If you like to get your own card key you can purchase them from the West End Community Centre, outside Stanley Park. For more information, contact the community centre at 604 257 8333.)
- Water fountains: Apart from the water fountain at Brockton Oval, the only other fountain along either route is across from the water park along the seawall towards the end of the run.
- Brunch: Brunch is the best part! We meet at 10:30 at a local restaurant. We’re usually all done by noon.
- ACCESSIBILITY: Everyone is welcome… all orientations, all genders, all bodies.
VANCOUVER FRONTRUNNERS: With approximately 150 members, Vancouver Frontrunners is one of the largest running and walking clubs in British Columbia. Founded in 1983, we are also one of the oldest LGBT sporting clubs in Vancouver and are members of International Front Runners, an affiliation of LGBT walking and running clubs throughout the world.
We meet twice weekly (rain or shine!) every week of the year and participate in a number of races, fundraisers and sporting competitions. We are also a very social bunch, dining after our workouts and holding monthly social events such as potlucks, movie nights, barbecues, and even road trips to meet up with our sister Frontrunner clubs in Portland and Seattle.
Our members range in age from their 20s to 70s and represent everyone from social walkers and joggers to competitive runners. Vancouver Frontrunners welcomes everyone’s participation regardless of fitness level. Come join us!