Launch: An Accessible Open Mic for Queer Youth, Seniors, and Allies. Launch! offers inclusive and accessible space for new and seasoned writers, poets, dancers, performers and everyone in between. Though its focus is on showcasing the voices of queer youth, elders, and allies, anyone is welcome to come read, sing, dance, drag, lip sync, or otherwise entertain us. Launch! offers an accessible alternative to the bar scene (well lit, no steps, attentive & kind audience, support for first time readers, youth and elder friendly), and a space for new / experienced work.
- How Much? By donation. Suggested $5.
- When? First Tuesday of each month
- Time? Doors @ 7pm | Show @ 7:30pm
- How? Sign up at 7pm (No advance sign up necessary.)
- What? All performers have 6 minutes including set up (strictly observed)
- Where? Roundhouse Community Centre – Multimedia Room
- The Fine Print
- Censorship: None. BUT – no hate speech & please respect the fact that this is a safe space for youth 14+.
- Alcohol: Launch! is alcohol free. Coffee and soft drinks are available for purchase.
- Sound system: Our sound system is a Fender Passport conference. You can hook up a MP3, laptop, or CD player, but must bring your own. We have one mic and four available channels. For further info, please google the system.
- Accessibility: If you need ASL interpretation, please contact us well in advance. We’ll do our best to find volunteer interpreters. Please note, however, that we have no budget for this.
Launch! is made possible by the generous support of Britannia Services Centre, The Roundhouse Community Centre, and the City of Vancouver. We are SO grateful for their support!