Engagement Officer | Vancouver, Downtown | Full-time
Located in our office in Downtown Vancouver – the Engagement Officer is a full-time permanent position that designs, executes and evaluates donor relations strategies, fundraising campaigns, and community engagement initiatives. With a primary focus on individual giving, the successful candidate will work within a larger team and engage fundraising volunteers, board members, and program staff alike to secure funding for our two core programs.
Working with us, you will benefit from a comprehensive salary package that includes extended health benefits, access to wellness and professional development funds and the ability to be a visible ambassador in our community. The salary range for this position is between $42,000 and $44,500 per year.
Accountability: Reports directly to the Development Director.
- Build relationships and steward a network of individual donors, Festival patrons, and prospects to continuously raise individual giving revenues by a minimum of 5% per year.
- Create and implement a diversified individual giving strategy that makes use of special events, peer-to-peer fundraising, donor stewardship events, direct mail, lotteries or raffles, third party events, and online campaigns
- Create and maintain donor-centric communications pieces including webpages, brochures, direct mail pieces, and cases for support that are visually engaging and persuasively written
- Plan and execute a variety of special events including curating invitation lists, collaborating with vendors and venues, and day-of logistics
- Maintain accurate data in our donor database (eTapestry), regularly input and track donations and ensure tax receipting practices remain in line with CRA standards
- Complete accurate campaign reporting and prepare and deliver monthly reports
- Coordinate major gift or legacy gift appeals and stewardship in tandem with the Development Director, the Executive Director and/or the Board of Directors
- Oversee and coordinate volunteers for various Development-specific activities including sponsor activations, community engagement opportunities, and donor stewardship or cultivation events
- Support corporate relations fundraising, where possible
- As someone who excels in building relationships, you will help us invigorate donation campaigns built on compelling cases for support to increase our active donor households to 700+ after 2 years
- Maintain an active membership in AFP Vancouver with an aim towards continuous learning and professional development for the betterment of the organization’s fundraising practices. AFP Membership to be paid by Out On Screen.
- Coordinate and motivate staff, board, and volunteers in fundraising campaigns.
- Additional duties as assigned
Vancouver Queer Film Festival-Specific Responsibilities
- Create engagement strategy for each year’s Festival
- Coordinate all Engagement at Festival including live asks, donor events, and on site tabling
- Ensure daily entry of donations and donor data during the Festival
- Assist with the creation of the Festival Fundraising Trailer
- Coordinate Development-specific volunteers to assist with data entry and patron engagement
- Confident working with a diverse Out On Screen community including donors, Festival patrons, volunteers, and small business owners
- Committed to the values of creativity, courage, respect, intersectionality, and anti-oppression
- Capable of expressing yourself clearly and professionally in written and verbal communications. Your writing is persuasive and nuanced
- Adaptive, resourceful, and forward thinking. Your colleagues can and do look to you for good ideas, solutions, and quick action
- Comfortable with all the details while being able to hold the bigger picture front and center
- Someone who delights in the opportunity to engage our current and prospective donors in conversations about what matters to them about our mission
- Tactful, know when to use discretion, and understand others and their needs easily
It’s also nice if you are
- A natural story-teller who embodies the values of our team and organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office / Windows Operating Systems (required)
- Experienced with eTapestry or similar donor management / CRM systems (appreciated)
- Experienced with Adobe Suite (appreciated)
- Experienced with online marking and/or video production (appreciated)
- Involved in or committed to film, arts presentation, experiential education, or queer communities (appreciated)
Email cover letter and resume, in either PDF or Word format, to email@example.com
Please indicate “Engagement Officer – YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
Deadline to apply is Friday, September 8, 2017.
Out On Screen strives for meaningful employment from all communities and for our team to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Indigenous, people of colour, and people across the spectrums of gender, sexuality, age and abilities are encouraged to apply.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please look to our website for employment updates.