3760 Sperling Ave
Festival of the Babes is a women’s soccer tournament for gay, lesbian, bisexual, or queer women – and those willing to be mistaken for one! Trans inclusive. Straight allies are welcome too, as long as they don’t mind potential attention 😉
FOB was founded by a women’s soccer team that was compelled to create a tournament like this after attending the Gay Games in Vancouver, B.C., and the Seattle Sports Festival. Now we’re in our 27th year of costume-clad soccer mayhem and may we just say that we look damn good for our age! Each year, veterans and new teams alike join in the fun, (re)learning what it is to be FOB-ly, making friends (and making out) — occasionally all at the same time.
The festival registers up to 24 teams that bring approximately 300 players, and draws host-city community and fans galore. Games are small-sided (7 v 7) with full-sized goals (for extra scoring) and referees who oversee every game. Parties are held nightly to bring us all just a little bit closer. Trust us, it’s worth a visit.
Although primarily lesbian players make up the teams, the tournament is open not only to lesbians, but to anyone who does not mind being mistaken for one. WHAT IS FOB LIKE? We get this question a lot, and honestly, it’s hard to explain because FOB is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.
- FIELDS, PARTIES & LODGING > As always your friendly FOB Squad is hard at work putting together a weekend full of fun, sun (fingers-crossed), frolicking, dubious decision making. And maybe some soccer.
- 2017 PARTY LOCATIONS
- Fri, Sept 1st @ Numbers – 1042 Davie St.
- Sat, Sept 2nd : Stay tuned for the announcement!
- Sun, Sept 3rd : BABES ON BABES @ Fortune Sound Club – 147 E. Pender St.
- 2017 HOST HOTEL > Holiday Inn & Suites Vancouver Downtown – 1110 Howe Street
- 2017 FIELD LOCATION > Burnaby Lake Sports Complex, East of the Rugby Club