Come reclaim Pride in a safer space for Two-Spirit, Queer, Trans, Intersex, Lesbian, Gay, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (2SQTILSGBIPOC) to celebrate Pride in the Downtown Eastside! Featuring Two-Spirit artist Norine Braun, hosted by the 2SQTILGBIPOC Alliance and the Anti-Oppression Network, join us for music, performance, & poetry!
We acknowledge that this event is being organized on the occupied, traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the Coast Salish peoples – specifically the sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh), and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) nations. We also acknowledge that acts of systemic colonization and genocide against Indigenous folks are currently taking place in an ongoing manner within institutions, power structures, and language use. We must partake in recognizing our positions and complicity in settler colonialism on these stolen ancestral lands.
- YOU’RE INVITED // EVERYONE IS WELCOME
- Where: Carnegie Community Centre, Theatre Room
- Safer Space & Accessibility Information:
- building entrance, theatre room, and washrooms are wheelchair accessible
- washrooms on the main floor will have signage indicating that trans people are welcome
- some folks are sensitive and/or get sick from electromagnetic frequency radiation (EMF). this can include radiation from cell phones, Wi-Fi, fluorescent lights, and more. Carnegie has Wi-Fi set up throughout its facility, including in the event space. in order to reduce EMF exposure we ask all participants to turn off their cell phones when entering the space; part of the room will be sectioned off for folks who need to have their phones on for emergencies.
- ASL interpretation is not available for this event.
- this event strives to be a scent-free environment; please refrain from wearing scented products before and during the event
- this event is organized and will be held within an anti-oppression and decolonization framework
- ableism, racism, cissexism, ageism, classism, sexism, sizeism, heterosexism and any form of oppression will be challenged and navigated accordingly ranging from call-ins, call-outs, to removal from the space
- For more information, accessibility requests, etc. please post to the event page.
- Open Mic Sign Up: Folks beneath the 2SQTILGBIPOC umbrella are invited to come up to the mic to share stories, songs, poetry, jokes, rants, and rambles! Each person receives a timeslot of 10 minutes. To sign up, please comment in the event page below. There will also be opportunity to sign up at the event itself.
- DONATIONS NEEDED! We need help and support fundraising $$ to cover the cost of: artist fees | honorariums | food | printing. To Donate: https://www.youcaring.com/
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We need help with: decorating and setting up the space at 5:00pm | decorations in general (to bring to the space) | greeters at the door | cleaning up the space from 9:00pm onwards | general organizing (message below if you would like to get looped in/become involved).