BOLD OLD(er) LESBIANS & DYKES
13th Annual BOLDFest
Thursday August 31 through Monday Evening September 4, 2017
Individual events registration available (above) if you can’t take it all in! All events can be purchased online EXCEPT for workshops. Pay for workshop at BOLDFest registration table a few minutes before start of workshop. Workshops, time and room are listed on “Workshop” page above. NO TIX FOR ANYTHING. WE’RE PAPERLESS! NAMES HELD AT DOOR.
- Wednesday August 30
- HARBOUR BOAT CRUISE WAS FAAABULOOUS, gorgeous weather, fun dancing, meeting new and old friends. On to BOLDFest!
- Thursday, August 31
- Parking Rates for BOLDFest Hotel Guests & others attending BOLDFest events: See “COAST PLAZA PAGE” above.
- BOLDFEST Registration: 3:30 – 6:00 pm at Coast Plaza Hotel, 2nd Floor foyer. Pick up your registration packet and name tag (necessary for all events). Registration continues again at 7:30 pm when WELCOMING RECEPTION begins, same location.
- 5:30 – 7:00 pm Solos Meet n’ Mingle hosted mixer (extra cost) in designated hotel suite – ask at BOLDFest registration table SOLD OUT
- 7:30 – 10:00 pm Welcoming Reception, Comedy with Claire Robson, Age is Beauty presentation Foyer & Barclay/Guildford Rooms, 2nd Floor
- Friday September 1st
- 9:45 – 11:45 am Noon Morning Workshops, 2nd Floor
- Noon – 1:45 PM Luncheon on the Patio + BOLD Woman of the Year Award presentation (posthumously) to Karlene Faith. Award Sponsor: Senator Kim Pate, Senate of Canada, colleague/friend of Karlene Faith, past Executive Director, Canadian Association of Elizabeth Fry Societies, Canada’s “most prominent advocate for the hundreds of women locked away in Canada’s prisons.” (Globe & Mail).
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Afternoon Workshops
- 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm Zumba Gold class with Denise Galey
- Dinner on your own: Meet up with sister BOLDFestees!
- 7:15 – 11:30 pm Theatre with SHEILA NORGATE: “Eunice P. Vickary Inc”, followed by dancing to the beats of DJ Tracey 35th Floor
- DJ TRACEY Wants your requests! Send in song titles and artist NOW to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday September 2nd
- 9:45 – 11:45 am Morning Workshop
- 1:30 – 4:00 pm Intro to Dragon Boating or Historical Walking Tour (extra cost) or FREE TIME
- 5:00 – 7:30 pm Dinner in the ‘hood with your new BOLD friends!
- 7:30 – 12:00 am Silent Auction, cash bar, DJ Slade, Queer As Funk
- Sunday September 3rd
- 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Walking Tour with Jolene Castillou Cumming
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm “Older Than What?” film screening +Q&A with Director Steen Starr
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Polyamory Workshop
- 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm Pre-dinner Social, cash bar, hang out on Patio!
- 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm Buffet Dinner 7:30 pm – Doors open to Concert-only guests
- 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm FERRON in concert 9:00 pm – 10:00 pm Music, socializing, bar
- Monday September 4th
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm Workshop with Heather Bishop: “It’s an Inside Job”
- 7:15 pm Doors open pre Concert, Cash bar, Social
- 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm HEATHER BISHOP in Concert
- 10:00 pm BOLDFEST ends for 2017!